Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Honor of Mother's Day

In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to share some photos I took at a baby shower I attended recently. I have quite a few friends who are about to be mothers in the next month. Some first time mothers, some it's their 4th time around, but it's all very exciting and each deserve ample amounts of appreciation for what they are about to do.... Birth is probably the very hardest thing I have ever done. It was painful, trying, sweaty, and just down right difficult. But even with all that pain, giving birth was the very best thing I have ever done. The most selfless thing I have probably done, (although at the time it probably didn't feel selfless because I just wanted that baby out!) :) On top of everything else, giving birth to that perfect little person leads you into motherhood. And motherhood is what we are celebrating today. Honoring the mother's who have shown us all the way. I applaud you all for your sleepless nights, for your feedings around the clock, for your chauffeuring to and from school or dance or soccer practice. There are no road maps in motherhood, but as far as I am concerned the world is still a wonderful place to be. 'All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.' - Abraham Lincoln

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: